August || Some happenings *Notice I said 'some'*

Oh, hey guys! Here is my *late* August recap! :D If you can call it that.
Due to my scattered and disorganized nature, this post is going to have no order whatsoever. Oh, and it's also really short. Just read it.






Laura playing with the ball

*Ball goes under the table*

Laura: Uh-uh, not under there, sweetie!


Laura talking to Maria:  Big gumboots are called gumboots. Small gumboots are called gummies. 

Laura: Bryce's gumboots are called gummies. 
On the way to Taranaki for our holiday we stopped to re-tie or make sure the motorbikes on the trailer were not going to fall off (one had tipped over) so while we waited, the little girls picked daisies and begged me to make a daisy chain :D

(Should I feel bad sharing this photo??)
The first time I've ever tried on a wedding dress!! I haven't even tried on my mom's! This is my friend's mom's wedding dress. 
And Diana as my bridesmaid! 

Even on holiday, music practice continues! 

We rode dirt bikes while we were there... and somebody had an accident. She's fine, though! (Apart from the obvious injuries.)
Mount Egmont from the carpark. (The lighting wasn't too good - it was about 6 or 7pm when we finally got there.)
Laura and Mount Egmont


Diana and Mount Egmont



The view when we stopped for lunch on the way back home.
Mount Taranaki (also known as Mount Egmont)
::From the backyard of the house we stayed in::

That's a wrap, guys.
How was your August?? :D 
Graphic pic from Google Images

Comments

  1. Cool!! Sounds like your August was pretty good! (Also, you play the violin??? That’s awesome!)

    Have a great September, Danielle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah it was good! :D
      Oh, that's my sister Monique! I don't actually play the violin, but I do play the clarinet! Do you play anything?

      Thanks and you too! :)

      Delete
    2. Oh, whoops! 🤦‍♀️ Hey, and I play the clarinet too! Clarinet buddies!

      Delete
    3. Oh COOL!! That's so awesome!! Do you do exams?

      Delete
    4. Not really . . . I play it for school band, so there are occasional "exams" where we have to record ourselves playing. 😒 But they're usually not that big of a deal. :) I take it you do exams?

      Delete
    5. Oh, that's awesome! Is it fun to play in a band?! I guess it would probably be a lot of work! Oh, that's nice!
      Yes, I do. I'm booked in for my grade 8 exam in November!!

      Delete
  2. Anne Shirley would love those sleeves! It is fun to try on wedding dresses! I have tried both my mum's one and my grandmother's dress. My aunty want me to try hers too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! You're right!!!
      That's so lovely! :D I asked my mom to try on hers, but she doesn't want to get it out, sadly! :( Oh well!

      Delete
  3. Looks like you had a pretty good month! I love the daisy chain. <3

    Here's to an amazing September!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! :D Thanks!!

      Hear, hear! (Is that even how you say it??) XD

      Delete
  4. Hey cute pics, Ellie! Looks like you have a great month of August!! I have both my Mum's and my Nana's wedding dresses. My mom's fits me almost perfectly, and so does my Nana's, but my Nana's is so old that I don't think I could make it wearable. I love the daisy chain too! Xoxo <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, it was a nice month, I think!
      Oh, lucky you! That's really cool! (So do you mean they both belong to you?)

      Delete
    2. haha yep they are both mine..xD

      Delete
  5. Wow! That mountain view is amazing!
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awe sounds like fun!!! What books did your sister use for violin? I play violin too :) great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's neat!
      I think she mainly uses her ABRSM exam books. (They have a selection of the pieces that are chosen for the exams.) What books do you use?

      Delete

Post a Comment