The Get to Know Me Tag

This awesome tag was created by the amazing Savannah Grace.

Thanks for (indirectly) tagging me, Lisa! :D


The Rules
- link back to the person who created the tag -

- thank the person who tagged you -

- share the tag graphic (optional!) -

- tag eleven bloggers -


Vital stats & appearance

Name: Danielle. Or if you're my younger sibling, it's Dani-owwww.

Nicknames: Dan, Dani, Annie, Ellie, and whatever people can dream up, basically. My siblings have been known to call me 'Children', 'Guys', and 'Ow' before. 

Birthday: Y'all probably already know this :D If you don't, you'll figure it out. 

Hair color and length: Brown. It comes to about half-way down my back.

Eye color: Blue. 

Braces/piercings/tattoos: Nope - none.

Righty or lefty: Righty. I've practiced writing with my left hand, but y'all don't want to see the product.

Ethnicity: How am I supposed to put this?? I'm kinda half Dutch and half (English or Scottish??) but I just call myself a Kiwi. Or a New Zealand European. I'm a pakeha! (Maori word for white people meaning 'white pig'!)



Firsts

First novel written: Um. Does a short story of a few pages long equal a novel?? If so, then Dognappers but otherwise -  never. I'm sporadically working on one, but I started it years ago, and neither the plot or the writing is very... good. *sneaks out of room*

First novel completed: Nothing. Ever. Is it bad for a so-called 'writer' to never have finished a novel before???

Award for writing: I don't think I've ever gotten an award for writing. :( Sorry!

First publication: *Wails* I've never been published!

Conference: Yeahhh... I've never been to a writer's conference... do we even have those in NZ?

Query/pitch: None yet.

How to Develop Your Best Novel Writing Ideas | Writing Forward

Favorites

Novel (that you wrote): Well, can we just pretend this says 'short story' instead?! In that case, it would be Together.

Genre: I don't know! Haven't really experimented enough, I suppose. My favorite genre is probably just short stories at the moment. ;D

Author: My favourite author used to be Roseanna White, but now I tend to read more non-fiction books. 

Writing music: Classical is good 'coz it's less distracting, but sometimes lyrics can help you get into the right mindset to write a certain scene or character.

Time to write: Now y'all, this is embarrassing, but I tend to write at about midnight to whatever time I'm finished... generally about 2:30 - 3am. Shhh!

Writing snack/drink: I love coffee and hot chocolates... and CHOCOLATE is always great. XD It gives you dirty hands, though! 

Movie: Ohhh yay!! This one's hard and easy at the same time. Can I just say - BEYOND THE MASK is amazing!!! Plus all the Kendrick Brother's movies. And Mom's Night Out is hilarious. 

Writing memory: When my sister proof-reads my stories and doesn't stop fan-girling! :D There are pros to having sisters, ya'll. (Besides having instant-fangirls XD)

Childhood book: How on earth am I supposed to remember this?! Sorry, guys.

let us go then, you & i

Currently

Reading: Guys, I tend to read a whole bunch of books at a time, (well, the truth is, I read one and leave the rest till I can be bothered reading them), so I'll give the one I'm mainly reading. Tortured for Christ is so inspiring and sad and amazing at the same time. I fully recommend y'all read this book!

Writing: A novel which I haven't named and any other random short stories I suddenly decide to write. (Maybe you've figured out by now that my writing habits aren't the best. *cough*)

Listening to: What Country Means to Me by Lawson Bates. Plus the Duggar girls' Happy Heart album. 

Watching: Just random movies... we finished our marathon of When Calls the Heart and are waiting eagerly for the next season! Anybody else love When Calls the Heart???

Learning: How to solve inequalities. That life is about the small, sweet moments, the everyday memories. 

3 of 3 bookish pictures

Future

Want to be published: YES. When I have a book ready! XD

Indie or traditional: I would much prefer traditional... but I might change my mind. :)

Wildest goal: Meeting an alien and writing their story. Ummm.... to do with writing?? Writing and flying an airplane at the same time... idk, maybe that's just silly! XD 



Tagging

I think just about EVERYBODY has done this tag... 

So I tag anybody who HASN'T done this tag. :D


Okay, thanks for reading, y'all!! Let me know if you've heard of anything I've mentioned! 

Pics are from Pinterest.









Comments

  1. Awesome! You did the tag! (I literally hardcore Fangirl when I see that people did this......I’m weird. xD)

    Hey, a fellow writer who has never written a complete novel! *high five*

    Great post, Danielle! (Also, why is it that I just now realized that you live in New Zealand? That’s awesome! *cough cough* Home Of Middle Earth *cough*)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep I did!! :D :D Haha don't worry; I'm a fellow creature in that species! XD

      Thanks! One day I will... How is your's going?

      Yeah!! It's pretty cool :D

      Delete
  2. I really love this tag, it was fun learning more about you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a fellow heartie, heyyy!!!! I don't know how I am going to wait until the Christmas special, I have so many questions (concerns) about whether they are going to move the current plot along correctly or not, hahaha. But Hope Valley is the best, and Abigail Stanton is a jewel!
    Also, I realized last night that I am not sure you even have to write to be a writer, which doesn't even make sense but uit does, and so... IDK. I approved of your laid back style. Haha!
    Blessings, Bri

    www.forget-not-his-benefits.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah!! :D I know what you mean... I'm waiting in nervous suspense... what if they do it wrong?? You're right - Abigail is one of my favourite characters!! (It doesn't matter that I have about 20 top favourite characters, shh!)
      Okay, I think I understand! *wink*

      Delete
    2. There are so many things that I feel could happen that would just be wrong šŸ˜«. But at the same time... very rarely have I been truly disappointed in these screenwriter. Like, I can count on one hand my grievances, and so I am trying to remember that ;).
      And yessss. I know that Abigail is really my favorite, but when I actually try to straighten the characters out into ranking likes... they all end up on at least level three if they have even half a storyline for more than one show, hahaha... And there are how many to place in those three slots? It's a problem...
      *winks back* I thought you might ;).
      Blessings, Bri

      Delete
    3. I know! But I totally agree - I've always been mostly happy with the story line (except for the last major development - who LIKES that??!) and I have a few other dislikes, but it's mainly a great show!
      IKR!!! I always think J&E are my favourite, but then I remember L&R (they crack me up SO much!) and then I remember Abigail! Plus all the other wonderful characters... it's hard!:P

      Delete
    4. Actually, if the actor was going to leave (and he does have a life outside of the show), I think it was the only way to make sense of the decision (though I feel they should have married them off sooner since they knew this was coming). I was actually more mad when Frank left the show, hahaha. I realize this is unpopular opinion ;). I don't mind that he left, but I will be SO MAD if Abigail ends up with anyone else. I'd rather she stayed single, hahahaha. I've been a Frankigail every since he said "I thought it was time someone took care of you." Literally the most romantic thing that has ever happened on the show.
      Oh, Rosemary is my mom's favorite, which is hilarious, because she is NOT my mom. BUT, Lee is TOTALLY my dad, right down to their name O.O! And Bill. Bill's disgust is always amazing. It's very hard ;).

      Delete
    5. Yes, you're right... I wouldn't have liked it if they had switched to a different actor. That would have been awful.
      OH YES! I didn't like it when Frank left either. Seriously. Frank and Abigail were great, I thought! I'm kinda worried she'll end up with Henry but I guess that wouldn't be unexpected since there has been a little lead-up there, almost.
      OH that's SUPER cool! I've always liked Lee! :D Lee is so perceptive and thoughtful!
      And Bill.... he's very unique. It must be hard to act Bill! :D Although I bet the actor is probably quite used to it.

      Delete
    6. I have heard that Abigail (who helps run the show) has requested Abigail not marry, so that is my only saving hope, because no way should she marry any one but Frank. But yeah, they have hinted Henry a couple of times, and it has made my mom So. Mad. But NOW my mom is mad because she's actually kind of starting to feel sorry for Henry herself, mwahahaha.
      Yes, Lee is great (oh, and the one from the show, too ;)...).
      Actually, I feel like the actor is just like him. It just seems too natural. *laughing face*

      Delete
    7. Oh, okay!!! That's cool.
      Oh, haha!! That's hilarious!! I can relate with your mom... XD
      Haha, I guess your Dad must be quite the guy then! ;D

      Delete
  4. Fun tag! I haven't done this tag, so I might just take you up on it! :) Beyond the mask was a good movie, and moms night out is AWESOME!!!
    Also, I consider myself a writer too and I have never written a novel either... *winks*
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! :D Feel free to!
      You're right!
      Oh phew! :P Then I'm not in a boat all by myself. *grins*

      Delete

Post a Comment