A Few of My Favourite Books from 2020 (so far!)

*shouts into the void*

*no response*

Mmmhhmmm. It seems my blog posts are now for my own benefit alone? No worries, though. No one is as entertained by me as I am. xD

This year hasn't been one of great reading, but I have read a few and enjoyed them nonetheless! So without further ado, explanation, or anything else for that matter, let's jump right into a few my favourite books (so far) of 2020!

1. GIRL DEFINED

This is one of my favourite books of all time!! I've read it once already, but decided it was time to re-read it. I love the truth, advice, encouragement, and challenge that this fantastic book holds. Will definitely be keeping this around to re-read regularly!

Girl Defined: God's Radical Design for Beauty, Femininity, and ...
(Photo creds: Google)

2. DAWN CHANDLER

Now I admit that this book is for middle-graders (age 9-12, I believe), but that doesn't prevent me from enjoying the delicious humor about homeschooling + large families, the amazing Christian content, and the mentions of 'Citizens of Glory' and 'The Sound of Music'! 

Dawn Chandler by Eliza Noel


3. HOW WE RISE

I had the privilege of ARC-reading this book very recently (like in the last couple weeks) and it's AMAZING. Honestly, dystopian books aren't usually my type of book, but this one I enjoyed to bits. There is some language (which I'm disappointed about) but for the most part it's a clean read. (I think! Now I'm double-guessing myself. xD)

How We Rise (How We Rise #1) by Brooke Riley


4. CRIMSON ROSES 

This beautiful old book by Grace Livingston Hill is definitely one of my favourites! The story may be old-fashioned, but that doesn't make it any less sweet. <3

Crimson Roses by Grace Livingston Hill


5. HEIDI

I have read this *so many times*. It's been a great love of mine right through my childhood and beyond! I'm currently reading it to my little sister, and we are both very much enjoying the story! 

Heidi (Children's Classics): Spyri, Johanna: 9780517189672: Amazon ...


And that concludes this teeny post on a few of the books I've read in 2020. (5 IS a few, guys. *intensely ignores my terrible math skills*)

Thanks for reading! What is one of your favourite books from 2020 so far? 


Comments

  1. How We Rise was SO GOOD!!!! And oooo, I need to read Dawn Chandler, it sounds absolutely fantastic. Awesome post! <3

    (And sorry I haven’t been commenting! For some reason, your posts aren’t showing up on my feed - I’ll have to figure that out . . .)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! YES YOU TOTALLY SHOULD xD

      No worries at all! I can help you with that - my parents asked me a year or so ago to put my blog on private mode, so that's why they haven't been showing up, even though you can see my blog (since I added you to it when I made it private :)) I'm hoping to make it public again sometime, so definitely DON'T FORGET ME xD

      Delete
  2. Dawn Chandler was so cute! I haven't read the other ones on the list. So nice to see your posts on my feed again ! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment