Voice for Life Stand at Kumeu A&P Show

Hey guys!!

(Yes, you're probably groaning because I never post anything but pro-life content anymore... :)) One day, y'all, one day.

A month or so ago I was offered the opportunity, by my friend, to help and support her at a Voice for Life stall at an A&P show in Kumeu. After obtaining permission, I accepted the offer! (I had no idea what I was getting into.. xD) My sister had also been recruited to be a representative at the stall.

In the duration of the 6 hours we were there for, we talked to several people, smiled and greeted millions more (not really) (most people smiled back and said hello, but kept on walking past, clearly not interested.) There were a few people who we had good, long conversations with, who were either most definitely pro-life, or 50-50. Scores of little children came past, who were fascinated by the little baby models we had! They held them, they squished them, they poked them! We gave them wristbands, and little 12-week-old baby models.

We asked many people to guess how old one of our models was. We pointed out the 20 week model, and the 26 week model, and then asked them how old they thought the biggest model was. The answers ranged from 12 months (!!) to 28 weeks. The answer was 30 weeks. Most people guessed either way over or around the right age. Several even guessed exactly the right answer!

In front of our gazebo, in our line of site, was a donkey. A real, live donkey in a small cattle stall-thingy. So of course I had to get pictures. :P It was the cutest thing.

While we were standing around, waiting for people to visit our stall or to pass, we heard that Jacinda Ardern, New Zealand's Prime Minister, had been walking around somewhat behind us! (And we were NOT, absolutely not disappointed to miss her, right Frances?) Phil Goff, the mayor of Auckland, came to our stall and asked us how we were doing, how much interest we had, and then told us we were doing a good job, and left. Will, the brother of Hillary Kieft, (a lady who is behind putting forward a law about parental notification called 'Hillary's law'), came to our stall and spent a while talking and encouraging us. He was most enthusiastically pro-life. Chris Penk, the National MP for Helensville, came and asked us who we were, and after we told him (Voice for Life), he proceeded to say, "Voice for Life? I love you guys!!" He spent a little while talking about what we were doing at the show as well as in life, we sold him a natural homemade health product (the proceeds go towards a Crisis Pregnancy Center in Nelson), and he signed up to receive e-newsletters from Voice for Life.

We were soaked, even inside our gazebo, from the rain that carried on all morning. Finally, in the afternoon, the rain ran away, and we were able to enjoy the sun for a while!! (Sorry to everyone who had to walk away with a drowned pamphlet or paper.)

Thanks to Frances for inviting me, and to Bee for taking me! :D



P.S. Photos will come, hopefully! Not sure when, though. Currently unable to post photos... sorry y'all! :(

Comments

  1. Wow, that’s awesome! I love how much pro-life stuff you’re getting involved in!

    (And hey, I’m fine with all the pro-life posts! It’s not a bad thing to post. . . . :) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I'm really excited about it as well!
      Oh phew. :D And I'll just assure that this really is me, Danielle, but unfortunately I am having some technical problems with my computer, and I can't reply to your comment, so I'm replying on my sister's computer! :D

      Delete

Post a Comment